Award Winning Light Design SpecialistsBespoke Full Lighting Design Service
Your project is unique and what you want to achieve with your lighting design is individual to you. Our bespoke lighting design service includes a full consultation on lighting design, lighting specification, installation management and the commissioning and delivery of the project. Read more about the four stages below:
1. Lighting Design
Sam Coles will meet with you and discuss your project in detail, what you like, don’t like, what you hope to achieve with your lighting. We make suggestions, present ideas and show samples. We then prepare conceptual lighting plans and initial directions for the specification.
2. Lighting Specification
We then produce a full lighting specification including lighting design plan, lighting controls plan and lighting specification with full budget breakdown. This will be compliant with Part L of the Building Regulations and will have all the information you need to get an accurate quotation from electrical contractors and lighting controls suppliers.
A detailed lamp and luminaire schedule with costs for supply of lights and fittings is then prepared. We’ll also prepare and supply full size drawings for your electrician and builder. Our lighting design experts will usually come to you for meetings or to your architect or main contractor, however, once the main structure is in place, at least one meeting on site is very important. Some meetings can be held “virtually” by Skype or Zoom or by telephone if that is more convenient.
3. Installation Management
- Next, we will attend site for an Electrical Contractor’s briefing to handle any technical or design questions prior to the start of the first fix electrics.
- Attend site for lighting first fix electrics checks.
- Attend site for second fix electrics checks to ensure that works are moving on smoothly and to answer any queries face-to-face that may result during this phase.
- Make paperwork revisions to the lighting design and specification, as necessary. Answer technical or design queries that arise during this phase.
4. Commissioning & Delivery
- Attend site to supervise the aiming of any adjustable lights, assist with the hanging lengths of pendants, dress chandeliers, etc.
- Carry out an inspection of the lighting installation to prepare a snagging list.
- Assist in the initial lighting controls scene setting.
- Attend site to check all snagging items are rectified.
- Produce an Operations and Maintenance (O and M) Manual.
Every project that we have undertaken is as unique as our clients. We provide a quotation that is based on the size and complexity of your project so we need to start with as much information as possible. Please e-mail any plans and elevations, along with any cross sections that you may have. For refurbishments, where there are no scale plans available, you can send us photos or videos and (very) rough sketches that just show us the room dimensions. You might be able to add these to a copy of your Estate Agent’s floor plan if one is available.